Directors Global is a full-service insurance brokerage that places all lines of insurance, including Directors & Officers Insurance, Privacy Insurance, and Cyber Liability Insurance- three lines of coverage commonly purchased by mid-sized Canadian organizations, whether privately owned, public or other. We consult on virtually all risk management matters, engaging outside partners should the need arise. Our offerings can be described in the following categories:
Maintenance and Annual Services
Typical Annual Services, documented and securely stored on our MY Site Web Portal for Each Client:
Directors Global believes that high touch service is an expectation of our clients, and is a key to proper account maintenance for mid-sized Canadian organizations. Wherever our clients are operating in the world, i.e. a meat storage warehouse in Los Angeles, a Casino and Convention Complex in New Brunswick, a First Nation community in Northern Canada, or a major accounting firm in Toronto, instant access 24/7 to documents is critical. Our website safely vaults client information, password protected and privately stored. Information can be quickly referenced by our clients, and can be also provided to others such as lenders/banks or other internal or external clients (this is accessed through our Client Login button at the top right of the screen).
The following services are examples of documents stored on MY Site, sorted by year, and by category:
- Policies of Insurance;
- Enterprise Risk Management Reports;
- Loss Prevention Reports: typically to be viewed by insurers, lenders, and project managers. An example might be a report describing the conditions for construction of a mine in Northern Canada
- Detailed loss information;
- Invoices, Binders of Insurance;
- Annual service plan: addresses timetables for renewals, including data collection; inspections; stewardship reports; other risk services and claims reviews;
- Stewardship Strategy Report: prepared annually, usually presented via meeting then a summary report, which covers: past year performance; objectives; plans for next 12 months; claims; premiums; insurance market forecasts; risk management alternatives; monitoring and improving the current program;
- Summaries of insurance: prepared/updated annually;
- Certificates of insurance: typically for client’s mortgagees;
- Project management critical paths: progress reports on insurance and risk management projects can be tracked and made available to be hosted by client, with input from field operations.
- Insurance placement: market to candidate insurers, obtain competitive pricing, broad insurance wordings;
- Analysis of insurance: compare coverage with results from the exposure analysis; recommend coverage enhancements; summarize coverage selection via checklist; suggest innovative solutions and latest coverages;
- Premium financing: Directors Global has access to numerous offerings that benefit clients-such facilities offer competitive financing terms; free up bank lines for other uses; allow use of cash for working capital; ensure premiums are paid in a timely fashion.
Exposure Analysis – Identify exposures to loss via:
- Enterprise Risk: Directors Global offers an executive level identification and prioritization process to help mangement determine its top Principal Business Risks, and report to the board (See Enterprise Risk Management);
- Customized identification analysis for each “hazard” based risk being assessed, or via insurer survey;
- Contract reviews, advice on risk exposures and related insurance protection;
- Risk control advisory programs- using consultative services in such areas as multiple liability loss exposures, and fire loss and casualty loss prevention.
Other Risk Management Advisory Services
These are some of the ancillary risk services Directors Global can render directly or through an outside professional:
- Best’s insurer financial rating information- review of insurers on based on strength and stability;
- Claims advocacy- step-by-step monitoring of activity of adjusters and insurers throughout the claims process;
- Loss control design- creating a program, using client or external resources, which controls, reduces, eliminates a loss exposure
- Risk protection consulting: see Resources for a listing of some services, such as disaster planning; business continuity studies; fleet consulting;
- International risk consulting: insurance placement; political risk advice
- Self-retention/self-insurance studies
- Loss development studies
Contact us for more information about our services.